Now that my one month J-term internship has finished, the new semester and normal classes begin, meaning many things:
- staring at a list of times and room numbers, trying to translate the encryption into the rhythm of an actual day.
- the one day a year when I pay attention to room numbers to figure out which class is on what side of the building.
- scanning syllabi from four different classes to organize the list of assignments into a digital calendar-don’t miss a deadline!
- pondering the near overwhelming list of tasks, alternating between thinking casually: “it’ll get done” and panicking: “How am I going to fit this all together?”
- coming –this close- to forgetting an assignment while adjusting to the workflow of each class
- disbelief of the names of the months that I am scheduling, (April and May seem so far away), while knowing that constant tests and assignments will bring them sooner than expected